Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On Underdogs

I think the best part about being in high school is being a freshman. My favorite beer pong matches are against people who take it like a sport and play often. The best feeling is doing something you have no idea what to do and succeeding. This is why being a Jets fan is a lot more fun then being a Yankee fan.

I used to say in high school that i envied freshman and believe that being a freshman is the best year of your life. When asked about this I explained that if a freshman loses a fight they will still be looked up to for trying and if they win they are a God. The Jets are in this position right now as the NFL season comes to an end and only four teams remain.

Even if I did not like the Jets all year long, I would still be pulling for them because of their positive and determined attitude despite being considered not only the worst team in the playoffs but many people did not think they deserved to be there. Rex Ryan and his crew have proved that they did deserve the playoff spot and I hope they kick the Colts ass like a Freaks and Geeks star would kick Freddie Prince Jr's ass in high school.

It is great to be a fan of a team like the Jets when you are used to being a Yankee fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment