Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No no... You are inappropriate

I do a lot of things often. Things I do not do often include being embarrassed, conceding to defeat when I believe I am correct, not thinking about what I say to strangers and regretting decisions that I have made. I did all of these things tonight and it really makes me want to go back to that KFC and tell someone off.

Rewind...

Today I went to pick up KFC for Cameron (guy I work with) and myself. I was told that Cameron's food would take 3 minutes so I took the cup that I was given and got some Wild Cherry Pepsi. I had a few sips, refilled, had a few sips, refilled and capped it. The women standing behind me who was about a mom's age (my mom not my age and an infant's mom) said, "Excuse me...do you know how inappropriate that is?" I was shocked and instantly felt bad. She explained that with swine flu and germs I should not drink out of a cup and put it back up to the fountain. I told her I have never thought of that and if it had occurred to me it was a problem I would not have done it. I felt awkward and out of place and wanted her to leave before the lecture continued. Then I spent the next half hour thinking about this.

I realized that not only did I do nothing wrong...but she was in fact the one who was inappropriate. How dare her lecture/confront me about doing something that is both allowed and in now way spreads germs. I should have told her that she was inappropriate for telling me what I was doing was wrong, not minding her own buisness, and watching too much bullshit news and being a hypochondriac.

I do not regret much...but she should have been slapped...or at least politely told she was mistaken.


3 comments:

  1. yea fuck that lady. theres no way to spread germs that way. she needs to watch a little less dateline nbc and fucking relax

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo fucking over all these germaphobes totally suckered into all the propaganda the media pushes instilling the fear of god in everyone making them all paranoid about catching the swine flu, or any other cockamamie illness that isn't that serious but making it seem life or death in order feed the pharmaceutical companies who are bleeding profit from all the flu vaccines people are running to get because of these scare tactics. Its so corrupt... fuck that lady. Germs help you build tolerance, you have always been the biggest advocate of that, stand by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a germaphobe and I have feelings!

    ReplyDelete