Saturday, October 3, 2009

United States Postal Service

Dear Postal Customer:

The enclosed has been damaged in handling in the Postal Service. The United States Postal Service is constantly striving to prevent damage to mail. However, there are instances where mail is received improperly packaged or sealed. When this happens some damage may occur due to the mechanized equipment required to process the enormous mail volume. I sincerely regret the damage to your mail and any inconvenience which may have resulted.

Plant Manager

First of all... when I was at the post office this morning I was thinking about how spot on the postal service is. Think about everywhere you go and everything you do (college offices, retail locations, supermarket, cell phone companies) it all gets messed up sometimes. You deal with a line, someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and you leave unsatisfied or satisfied after talking to 6 people. But the post office does not fuck up.

I was obviously wrong when I got home and received this letter but I thought about how rare it happens. So I have seen this thing once, and my mom never has. Together we have probably recieved about 65,453,444 pieces of mail and mistakes are so freaking rare but whats even funnier is what piece of mail was ripped in half (only half was delivered.)

It was a notification that the Oneonta Alumni have an event in NYC. Why is the plant manager sorry I missed that?

No comments:

Post a Comment