Friday, October 9, 2009

SATs, GREs, Saturdays

I was on Facebook and Zara I Kick Ass Hickman had a status up about how much time until she needs to take her GRE's. Using my amazing mathematical ability and prior knowledge about these tests I realized that this means her test is on a Saturday.

Test and Saturday are two words that should never be used in the same sentence...

What the hell gives people the right to take away a kid or young adults Saturday. Education tests, GRE's and SAT's you are by far bogus. I remember waking up at 7am to drive to Connecticut to take a test when I was in eleventh grade and it is kind of ridiculous. I mean lets break it down...

52 Saturdays in a year
-12 (assuming you work about once a month)
-3 (spending time with the family because a holiday falls on that day)
-3 (other family gatherings, weddings, etc)

Okay so the math doesnt add up like I want but how many weekends can you really just chill. Monday-Friday is school shit, Saturday is supposed to be your day, Sunday is football/recovery/catch up on work. It just is not right to have a test that matters so much on a Saturday. I dont approve. You should be excused from class to take major tests and they should happen when school happens, Monday-Friday.

AND Obama wants to lengthen the school year/school day. Kids should get recess play with blocks and live their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Obama is a bad president he hasnt done shit i know i stand alone i also know i voted for his ass looking back i think i made the wrong decision then again who would be the right choice? politicians are human they lie to get what they want

    ReplyDelete